Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday update on Jacob

Keith called yesterday (Saturday) to tell me that they are thinking about releasing him TODAY! This is a surprise as Monday was the earliest I heard when I was there. He's scheduled for a chest x-ray and a CBC - so if those things come back without any red flags they are talking about releasing him later today. His endocrinologist is the doctor on call, so he's in really good hands as she's more like his aunt than his doctor. She loves him so.

He has a PICC line that they will leave in and he'll have an antibiotic pump that will dose him 4 times a day/night for the next few days - but it will let him be HOME for March Break and his birthday on Wednesday. Woo Hoo!!

He is quite weak and will need a lot of recovery at home too. He's lost a lot of weight and his hemoglobin is really low. We just can hardly believe all four of us could sleep under the same roof tonight. Hopefully the weather will cooperate as they are forecasting some pretty nasty stuff of all sorts headed our way. I'm hoping the Atlantic takes it all and it misses us completely.

Again, we are still holding our collective breath - so please keep praying. Thank you.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What an answer to prayers it would be for Jake to be able to finally go home...& in time for his birthday! I'm praying that this happens for you all to be able to spend some much-needed quality family-time together during March Break ( : Thanks so much for the update... hooray!! ( :