Friday, January 23, 2009

Carman's Muesli Bars

Okay, I have never in my life taken a bite of something, grabbed the packaging and moved to the computer to thank the maker of said deliciousness before. But today I did. This weekend when we were at Whole Foods in Portland, ME I grabbed a box of Carman's Apricot & Almond Muesli Bars because they had an incredibly low GI (Glycemic Index) and thought to myself, either these will be inedible or too sweet and I'll have to pass them on to Keith (esp. if they're inedible) ;)

This product is extraordinary. It's natural, tasty, well made and even better than all of that is the story behind them. You know I'm a sucker for a good story, and this is one of the best I've heard.
You need to do 2 things - go to the website and hear Carolyn tell her story (she's adorable and I want to make her my new best friend) and find this product - even if you have to beg someone local to stock it (as I will be doing around here - because the 5 hour drive to Whole Foods is just a bit too long, even though it would still probably be worth it!)

Carman's - Australia's Premium Gourmet Muesli

7 comments:

Kel said...

yay - an aussie product
:-)

Essentially Heather said...

Looks yummy and just what my family likes to eat. I'll have to go find me some.

Anonymous said...

If you think the muesli bars are great tasting you should try her natural muesli. My husband and I have it every morning with natural greek yoghurt with a small amount of maple syrup. It tastes sooo good I can't wait to eat my breakfast every morning.
Lissa
Cairns Australia

Heidi Renee said...

I am so stocking up the next time we go to Whole Foods and begging the local grocers who have a pretty extensive health food section to carry the whole line.

Lissa - I think that being excited to eat breakfast is a wonderful way to start the day!

Anonymous said...

We just spent 5 weeks hiking and touring Australia. After discovering them in Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains, in the first week, Carman Muesli bars became a staple in our bags. These are not granola bars - Carman Muesli bars have a much nicer texture and far better taste. And no 'high fructose corn syrup' - Carman uses good old Aussie cane sugar. Can't wait to find them here in the States!!

Heidi Renee said...

sounds like heaven Frank! I was able to get them at Whole Foods, so if you have one nearby give it a try.

Anonymous said...

My wife bought a box of these on the weekend. I grabbed one today as an afternoon snack as I headed out the door to work.

I had the same experience, I had first bite of the muesli bar and was absolutely blown away.

I jumped on the internet and started searching around. Apparently Coles are having a sale of these things at the moment and flogging them off for $2.40 a BOX!